Today, I will share with you my method of making dipped beeswax candles. They are so simple to make! Just be sure to lay down enough newspaper around your work area, and closely follow this tutorial. You're bound to succeed!
Beeswax candles actually work to purify the air. They cause all the nastiness, i.e. pollen, dust, odors, and toxins to drop to the floor. Giving hand-dipped beeswax candles as gifts is certainly appreciated - why not start creating your holiday gift making now and stash them away then?
1. Chop your beeswax into small pieces.
2. With a double-boiler over medium heat, melt the wax.
3. Cut pieces of hemp cord according to the desired height of your candles.
4. Soak the hemp cord in the beeswax. Transfer the soaked wick to a piece of newspaper, roll it straight, and let it to dry.
5. Start dipping. This can be a tedious and sometimes a long process. Dip, dip, dip.
6. Hang your candles over a drying rack. Be sure to place newspaper underneath to catch the random drippings.
7. Optional: trim off the bottoms for a cleaner, more professional appearance.
8. Once completely dry. Store in a cool, dry place until ready for use.