Recycled/antique or just plain plastic knitting needles
Large (soup) pot for boiling water
Glass jar, the size of your wrist
- Thoroughly rinse off the needles - make sure any grime or dust is washed off.
- Fill your soup pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Drop several needles into the boiling water.
- Allow the needles to boil in the water for 5 minutes.
- Place the jar on the dish towel.
- Remove the knitting needles one at a time with tongs -grasp each end with a clothespin so that you don't burn your fingers. While the needle is still hot, wrap it around the jar.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove the clothespins, and slip the needle off the jar.