3 tsp jojoba oil
3 tsp apricot-kernel oil
1 tsp beeswax
5 tsp rose water
1/4 tsp borax
5 drops carrot-seed essential oil
- Place the jojoba oil, apricot-kernel oil and beeswax in a small saucepan and heat it over low heat until the beeswax has melted.
- Remove the mixture from heat and quickly blend all the ingredients with a whisk.
- In a second saucepan, warm the rose water over low heat. A add the borax. Stir until the borax has completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Gently the saucepan containing the oils and wax in a shallow ice bath. Be sure not to splash water into the pan. Slowly drizzle the rose water and borax into the mixture, rapidly whisking as you do so. The cream should set quickly.
- When the cream is cool, mix in the carrot-seed essential oil.
- Transfer the cream to a small glass jar and store in your refrigerator for 2 months.
I love this eye cream, but can't say my eyes look any younger yet!