This morning, I came up with this simple lemon zest lip balm recipe. The result is a combination of sweet and savory, sensually soft when spread on the lips.
2oz olive oil
4 Tbsp lemon zest, dried
4 drops rosemary essential oil
1 Vitamin E tablet
- Place the oil and 2 Tbsp lemon zest in a pan. Heat on medium and saute until lemon turns brown. Strain the oil, and repeat this step with the 2nd 2 Tbsp of lemon zest.
- Place lemon oil and beeswax into the top of a double boiler or into a bowl set into a saucepan of boiling water.
- Gently melt them together.
- Add essential oil, and pour in contents of Vitamin E tablet.
- Heat and stir until mixture is entirely melted.
- Strain into pocket-size containers and let cool.