What would you do with these scraps (multiplied by 2)?
Here's what I made, step by step.
1. I soldered the ring onto the silver rectangle.
2. Then, one by one, I soldered three silver strips onto the back side of the rectangle.
3. I was worried that, even with a little sanding and polishing, the three strips would be too sharp. So, I decided to attach the 4th strip across the bottom.
4. I played around with the jump rings for a while, and finally decided to dangle them from the bottom (4th) strip.
5. With one of the three strips of silver wire, I formed an ear wire and soldered it to the back of the rectangle.
6. I melted the tips of the other two strips of wire to create little balls to hold the tiny blue beads in place. Those made sweet little drops to hang from the jump rings.
7. I hammered the rocks into the silver rings.
8. Finally, I polished the silver and voila! Done! They're rustic, but fun.
Am I starting to sound a little like Richard Proenneke?