- 3 Tbsp organic coconut oil - if you choose to buy the oil, just make sure that it's pure and has no additives
- 1 Tbsp baking soda (aluminum-free)
- 2 drops tea tree oil
- 2 drops essential oil of choice, i.e. lemon, rosemary, lavender, peppermint, etc.
- Whisk coconut oil and baking soda until thoroughly combined.
- Add tea tree and essential oil. Fold into mixture.
- Place the mixture in a container of your choosing, preferably glass or a tin to avoid toxins from plastic leaching in. Another option is to refill an empty, washed deodorant tube. Keep it refrigerated for stick deodorant.
- Apply a small amount to underarms with your fingers or from the tube. If you find that there is excess oil when you apply the deodorant, blot your armpits with a dry cotton cloth.
Can you believe that's it? Friends, now that you know my secret, please do be honest with me if I don't smell as peachy as I think!
|Coconut flakes ready to grind|
|Grinding coconut to extract the oil|
|The mixture is ready to transfer|