I tried browsing the Web for a simple recipe for beet powder, but everything I found was too complicated. Each recipe involved steaming the beets, peeling off the skin, and so forth. I wondered, why not make raw beet powder instead? So, I did, and it's to die for (if I might say so myself).
Homemade Golden Beet Powder
12 fresh (or bulk) golden beets (red beets are good, too)
1/8 C. sea salt
2 Tbsp cracked black pepper
1. Scrub beets clean. Cut the greens off your beets and put them aside to use in another dish.
2. Peel beets. Aren't they gorgeous?
3. Toss the beets in a food processor to grate, or you can hand grate if you prefer.
4. Place thin layers of grated beets in a food dehydrator. Dehydrate until crisp, approximately 2 hours.
5. In a coffee grinder, grind beet shreds until you have a fine powder.
6. Stir in salt and pepper. Transfer to a glass jar to keep up to one year. Sprinkle on top of salads, popcorn, fish, and more.
As always...enjoy! Your comments are welcome!