1.5 Tsp safflower oil
2 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/4" dice
1/2 C. scallions, minced, white parts only
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3/4 C. rice wine or sake
5 C. chicken or vegetable broth (per your preference)
1/2 Lb snow peas, de-veined
2.5 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 6 Tbsp water
2 large eggs, lightly beaten with 2 Tbsp water
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a soup pot over high heat until hot, about 20 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and scallions, and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce and rice wine or sake. Stir-fry over high heat for 20 seconds.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 2 mins. Add snow peas and stir.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture and bring the soup to a boil. Stir constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Once slightly thickened, remove from heat and slowly add the beaten eggs. Pour them in a thin stream around the edge of the pot. Carefully stir once or twice so that the eggs form thin streamers.
- Add salt and pepper, as needed. Serve immediately.