I ended up with another bowl filled with almond meal this morning after making fresh almond milk. It's not in my nature to waste something edible and nutritious, so I tossed it into a batch of blueberry energy bars. Here's the quick and simple recipe:
2 C. almond meal
1 C. rolled oats
1/4 C. sunflower seeds
1/2 C. dried blueberries
4 Tbsp. butter
1/4 C. honey
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
2. Line an 8x10 baking dish with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix together almond meal, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, and dried blueberries. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add honey and brown sugar. Stir as it melts, until it creates a thick caramelized sauce.
5. Turn heat off. Add Vanilla. Stir quickly.
6. Pour caramel sauce over oat mixture. Stir thoroughly to ensure the entire oat mixture is moist.
7. Transfer mix to baking dish. Use a spatula to flatten it, and press it firmly into the corners.
8. Bake for 30 mins or until lightly browned.
9. Remove from oven. Cool completely before cutting into squares.