|Nootka Rose, via|
Materials & Ingredients Needed:
Fresh rose petals
Carrier oil such as olive or jojoba
Glass jar with lid
Potato masher (your hands work fine if you don't have one)
1. Pick several handfuls of fresh rose petals free from insects or disease
2. Gently crush the rose petals by rolling them between your palms. This helps release their natural oils and scent.
3. Place the crushed rose petals in your jar. Pour just enough oil over rose petals to cover.
4. Place lid on jar and let sit for 24 hours.
5. Remove the rose petals from the oil after 24 hours. Squeeze the petals to remove excess oil back into jar. Discard petals.
Repeat Steps 1 through 5 about six to seven times until you achieve the rose scent you desire.
Once your oil is ready, keep it in a decorative glass jar until it's ready to be used, or add it to bath salts or a salve.