6 yards of waxed linen cord
150-160 size 8/o seed beads
a 10-13mm 2-hole button (I made mine with a drilled river rock)
1. Cut the waxed linen cord into two 24" pieces and two 36" pieces. Align four ends, create a loop around your finger, and secure with a knot. Braid ends together before beginning to add beads.
2. Place your two shorter pieces in the middle, with the two longer pieces on either side.
3. Slip one bead onto both pieces.
4. Push bead up on left so that it is snug against your braid. Fold string over the front to the right.
5. Push bead up on right so that it is snug against your braid. Fold sting down and behind the back to the left.
6. Pull tight. Repeat. Add decorative beads, if desired.
7. Once you have reached your preferred length, pull strings together and braid to end. String end through a button and secure with a knot.
This bangle wraps twice around your wrist, but of course you can make a shorter or longer one to wrap as many times as you like. Most important - have fun!