Later, I used common sense to restyle only those things that no longer fit or had worn thin. One of my favorite pieces was a recycled denim shoulder bag.
For those of you out there seeking inspiration for your own up-cycled denim projects, check out this fabulous top ten list:
1. Ecouterre creates hip shoes using recycled jeans. Each pair is one-of-a kind.
2. Myrecycledbags provides a great tutorial on how to make coasters using old jeans.
3. Denim is an increasingly popular insulation for those building energy efficient, sustainable homes. Denim insulation can be purchased at Home Depot.
4. Chairs alone can be pieces of art. This one definitely is, made with recycled denim by Design Squish.
5. Among many other eco-friendly products, Ecouterre features this up-cycled denim cot.
6. Weave together recycled cotton t-shirts or other fabric to make durable, unique rugs. Spotsonmyapples makes a variety of rugs woven with recycled jeans.
7. Think simple. Cut out the pockets of your old jeans to use as coasters. FunkyJunkyVintage sells these on Etsy.
8. Use more than just the pockets of recycled denim. Allusedupcycleddenim uses the legs to make awesome yoga mat bags.
9. Are you looking for another material to incorporate into your recycled fashion? Justina Blakeney creates super cute clothing using recycled jeans...for dogs...
Ok, maybe you'd prefer not making clothing for your dog. Instead, like Dawanda, you might make a fabulous hood!
10. Last, but not least...with July 4th approaching, Green3apparel sews together and paints 16 pairs of jeans to make an American flag.
What are your ideas?