Potted plant plates
Collected trinkets (recycled glass, pottery shards, marbles, rocks, etc)
Acrylic paints (optional)
Recycled newspaper or cardboard
1. Line plate with tinfoil. Press it down gently into the sides of the plate and rub until the surface is relatively smooth.
2. With your scissors, cut the contact paper in a large circle to fit the bottom of your plate. Peal & place inside plate, sticky side facing up.
3. Place your collected trinkets on the contact paper. If writing words, be sure to place them on your contact paper BACKWARDS.
4. Using your trowel, mix concrete with water (according to instructions). It should be a thick, wet paste, but not runny. If desired, add acrylic paint and mix thoroughly to color the cement.
5. Pour wet concrete into plate. Gently press it into edges and pat it down flat. Let dry for 2 hours.
6. Turn your plate upside down on top of newspaper or cardboard. Remove plate. Peel off tinfoil and contact paper. Use rag to rub away concrete on top of your design, and let dry for another hour.
6. Use (dry) rag to wipe down stepping stone, buff glass or pottery shards. Let dry overnight.