2 C. white beans, soaked overnight
2 C. water
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
3 C. fresh asparagus, chopped
2 C. (chicken or vegetable) broth
1/4 C. soy sauce
Salt & pepper, to taste
A mixture of fresh herbs, including thyme, tarragon, chives
Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook beans until tender (approx 45 mins).
- Add onion & continue to cook until translucent.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender. Add garlic, asparagus and broth. Process small batches at a time until smooth. Return soup to Dutch oven.
- Reheat soup. Add soy sauce & stir. Add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with cheese and fresh herbs.