I had so much fun making these sugar scrub cubes. Since I don't have any ice cube trays, I searched my house to find something else that could function as a mold. Recycled egg cartons! They worked brilliantly.
These sugar scrub cubes would make a great gift. They are colorful and solid. I use them in the bath. Just squish one between your fingers and massage it into your skin. When you rinse it off, your skin feels silky and smooth.
1/4 C. Shea butter
1/4 C. coconut oil
1/8 C. glycerin
2 C. white sugar
20 drops food coloring (I used bright pink and red)
10-20 drops rose petal essential oil (or oil of choice)
1. In a double boiler, melt Shea butter & coconut oil. Once melted, add glycerin. Stir.
2. In the meantime, place sugar in a bowl. Add food coloring. Mix thoroughly with a pastry blender.
3. Add essential oil to sugar & mix thoroughly.
4. Pour oil mixture into sugar. Using a spatula, mix until sugar becomes a paste.
5. Press sugar paste firmly into egg cartons. Place in the refrigerator until entirely cool.
6. When your sugar cubes are solid, tap cartons gently on bottom. Your cubes should drop out with ease.