1 cup raw almonds (best if purchased in bulk from your local health food store)
4 cups filtered water + more for soaking almonds
sweetener of choice – maple syrup, agave, honey, etc.
- Soak almonds overnight in a bowl of filtered water.
- Strain and rinse soaked almonds. Transfer them to your blender with the 4 cups of filtered water.
- Blend on high for 5 minutes.
- Place the nutmilk bag in a jar, and empty the blender into the bag.
- Squeeze the milk through the bag into the jar. The almond meal will stay in the bag and you’ll be left with just the milk. Your chickens will love the leftover almond meal!
- Rinse the blender and the lid. Pour the milk back into the blender and add the sweetener of your choice. Blend for one minute.