12 cinnamon sticks (this time I only had bamboo skewers on hand, and they worked fine)
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. water
2 tbsp light corn syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Cut out 12 tinfoil squares and shape them into circles with 1/4" sides (like mini cups with flat bottoms).
- Place lollipop sticks so that one side is laying in the circle.
- In a heavy saucepan over moderate heat, combine sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cover the saucepan, increase the heat to high. Boil for 1 minute to ash down any sugar crystals.
- Remove the cover and boil syrup for another 5-7 minutes.
- Immediately remove the saucepan from the heat and set it on a wire rack (or back of your stove off the heat).
- Let syrup cool for 5 minutes. Add vanilla and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Spoon syrup into each tinfoil circle. Let the lollipops stand until they are completely cool and the candy has hardened.
|Made with bamboo skewers|
|Made with cinnamon sticks|