1 1/2 C. Emmer Flour (or other brown flour)
1 C. rolled oats
1/2 C. milk
1/2 C. chicken (or other meat) stock
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 large egg, beaten
4 Tbsp bacon drippings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.- Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets & lightly flour surface area to roll out the dough.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix together egg, milk, chicken stock and bacon drippings, add to the dry ingredients. Stir.
- This dough is tough, so add more chicken stock if it is too stiff to work with.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/4" thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into desired size/shape.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool.