- Pour water into the bottom pan in the double boiler and set it on the stovetop. Place the top pan onto the bottom pan. Turn the burner on low.
- Add the beeswax to the top pan. Allow the beeswax to melt slowly.
- Scoop out any large pieces of debris from the beeswax as it melts, using a metal spoon. Do not use a plastic or rubber spoon that could melt. Discard debris.
- Let the wax melt completely, continuing to scoop pieces of debris from the wax. Do not stir the wax.
- Pour the melted wax onto the tin foil or into the paper cups once it has melted completely and is as free of debris as possible.
- Let the wax cool inside the cups. Peel the cups away from the wax.
- Identify the bottom part of the hard wax pieces you have made, which will have collected the remaining debris. Pull the debris out of the hard wax with your fingers.
- Repeat Steps 1 through 7 until you have clean, clear strips/blocks of wax.