There are many different ways to make snow globes. My friend Keri and I facilitated a snow globe class at Confluence which turned out to be a lot of fun. Snow globes range from super easy to some that take a bit of prep time. All are well worth the effort in the end.
Recycled Glass Jars
3 drops of glycerin
Styrofoam balls, cut in half
Recycled toys (not wood)
Hot glue (used with hot glue gun)
Glitter (silver or white)
Silicone Rubber Sealant
- Lightly sand the inside of the lid.
- Use a hot glue gun to hold the Styrofoam in place. Let dry.
- Stick toys (figures) into Styrofoam, glue into place.
- Add water, glycerin and a pinch of glitter to the jars.
- Tighten the lids onto the jars, add sealant around edges and allow it to dry.
My photos didn't turn out, so I pulled this one from Intello Kids.