Monday, January 9, 2012
Cream of Broccoli Soup
3 large red potatoes, cut into 1/4" cubes
2 large onions, chopped
3 broccoli flowers, chopped
4 C. heavy cream
2 C. chicken or vegetable broth
2 cloves garlic
6 sprigs fresh thyme
Salt & Pepper
Red pepper flakes
- Steam potatoes for 10 mins. Add onions and broccoli. Steam until tender when pierced with a knife, approx. 10 mins.
- In a blender, mix vegetables together with cream, broth and garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Return soup to pot, heat on medium-low for 20 mins.
- Add thyme, salt & pepper.
- Add more broth if too soup is too thick. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve, top with more fresh thyme, croutons, feta and red pepper flakes.