I basically used the same recipe as I did for my last bacon-flavored dog treats, with a couple of variations. These turned out well, so I'll share the recipe:
2 1/2 cups Emmer Flour (or other brown flour)
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup chicken (or other meat) stock
2 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
1 large egg, beaten
4 tbsp. bacon drippings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.- Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets & lightly flour surface area to roll out the dough.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add flour.
- Mix together egg, milk, chicken stock, garlic and bacon drippings, add to the flour. Stir.
- Add more broth or flour to manipulate the dough if it is too dry or wet.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/4" thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into desired size/shape.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool.