Thank you to Thank you to Jennifer for this great, creative recipe!
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 leek, chopped
• 1 pound peeled and diced pumpkin
• 3/4 pound sweet potato, peeled and cubed
• 1 quart vegetable broth
• 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and leek, and cook for a few minutes, until soft. Stir in the pumpkin, sweet potato, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Mash vegetables coarsely using a potato masher. Stir in the coconut milk, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Check out Jennifer's work - here's an example of her art: