pumpkin recently after our prolific harvest. We served this soup for Thanksgiving last week, and it was a hit.
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
2 15-oz cans roasted pumpkin
32 oz organic chicken or vegetable stock
3/4 C heavy cream
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary
2 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Saute onion, stirring occasionally until onion turns clear, 10-15 minutes. Add garlic for the last 5 minutes of cooking time
- Combine onion, garlic and pumpkin in a large soup pot. Add broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add cream, soy sauce and Worcestershire Sauce. Stir to combine. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients, adding additional broth or cream for consistency. Return soup to pot and continue to heat.
- Add pepper and salt to season.
- Serve, sprinkle with garnish.