Sa' be simply loves them, although he tends not to be too picky.
3 C. Emmer Flour (or other brown flour)
1/2 C. milk
1/2 C apple cider
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp bacon drippings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.- Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets & lightly flour surface area to roll out the dough.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add flour.
- Mix together egg, milk, cider and bacon drippings, add to the flour. Stir.
- Add more flour or cider if dough is too moist or tough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/4" thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into desired size/shape.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool.