1 1/4 C dry white wine
1/4 C minced garlic
1/4 C white vinegar (white wine or rice vinegar)
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp fresh, finely chopped rosemary
3 1/2 C sugar
1/2 tsp butter
1 pouch CERTO Fruit Pectin
- Wash jars and screw bands according to basic canning instructions.
- Mix wine, garlic, vinegar, lemon and rosemary in a large pot. Heat on medium high, add sugar.
- Add butter to reduce foaming.
- Bring mixture to boiling, and then simmer for 7 mins.
- Return mixture to a full boil.
- Remove pot from heat, add pectin.
- Return to burner immediately, bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle immediately into jars, filling to within 1/8" from rims. Wipe jars clean, cover with lids and screw bands tightly.
- Place jars in hot water canner, covering jars with 2 inches of water. Bring to a gently boil, process for 5 mins.
- Remove jars and place upright until cool.
- Serve with soft cream and crackers or tender, lightly marinated meat.