These brownies are moist, creamy, rich, and perfectly sweet with surprise cherry bites and a hint of port...
2 sticks butter
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 large eggs
1 3/4 C granulated sugar
1/4 C Port
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 C flour
1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1 C additional semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 hands full of cherries (I use frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Grease two 13"x9" baking pans.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over hot water. Stir the mixture until the butter and chocolate are melted and smooth. Remove and let stand to cool.
- In a large bowl, whip together the eggs and sugar. Add port and cooled butter mixture.
- Blend flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa. Fold in extra chocolate chips.
- Add cherries. Mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 35-40 mins or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.