Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Creamy Tomato Soup
10 tomatos, chopped into cubes
2 red peppers, roughly diced
2 cloves garlic, left whole
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 cups cream
1 cup water
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup basil, chopped
Fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees (F)
- Toss tomatos, peppers and garlic in olive oil. Place in baking dish, and roast (tossing occasionally) for 30 mins.
- In a food processor, blend roasted vegetables with tomato paste and cream.
- Pour mixture into dutch oven. Add water, salt & pepper. On medium heat, bring to a boil. Add additional cream or water, as needed.
- Serve while hot, top with basil and lemon juice.
This soup is great when served with grilled cheese wedges.